Mission & Impact
Our mission is to enable African Americans, other minorities and disenfranchised groups to secure economic self-reliance, power, parity, and civil rights.
Bettering Lives Through Our Foundational Tenets
Education & Youth Development
Every American child is ready for college, work, and life.
Jobs, Entrepreneurship, & Business Development
Every American has access to jobs with a living wage and good benefits.
Housing & Community Development
Every American should live in safe, decent, affordable and energy-efficient housing on fair terms.
Health & Quality of Life
Every American has access to quality and affordable healthcare solutions.
Our Community Impact
Each year hundreds of determined working men and women, scholars, entrepreneurs, homeowners and advocates participate in an array of classes and resources to meet their goals which includes: college preparatory classes, mentoring activities, STEM education, parental enrichment activities, preparing local residents with skills to help secure employment, training in starting new businesses, homeownership classes, foreclosure prevention, nutrition education, health screenings and help securing health insurance among many others. In a typical year:
- 900 job seekers served with support in leadership and professional skills training, technical certification, job placement, resume writing, and interview skills training.
- 200+ employed adults in well-paying jobs served with continuing education, certifications and professional and leadership skills training.
- Over 125 empowered youth supported through early childhood literacy, leadership development, college readiness programs, and career exploration opportunities.
- 5 new digital learning labs in partnership with Comcast. To date, we have partnered with Westwood Baptist Church, Cathedral of Praise, the Hispanic Family Foundation, Nashville Incubation Center and St. Luke Episcopal Church for computer learning and skills development.
- Job fairs are coordinated and hosted for local businesses seeking to hire new employees.