Empowering Communities. Changing Lives.
- Workforce Webinar: Lead Without the TitleThu, Nov 12ZoomNov 12, 2020, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM CSTZoomLearn how to lead without a title. People can lead from any position in an organization; from the bottom up, top-down, or across. Those who can lead in all three dimensions are called “360-degree leaders.” They can influence people located anywhere in the organization.
- Workforce Webinar: Getting Feedback After the InterviewThu, Nov 05Zoom
- State Farm Virtual Job FairThu, Oct 29Zoom
- VOLUNTEER: MEALS AND MASKSSat, Oct 24Greater St. John's Baptist ChurchOct 24, 2020, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PMGreater St. John's Baptist Church, 2200 26th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37208Volunteers will arrive at 9 AM to aid the Urban League staff in setting the event up; setting up tables, posting event signs, etc. You’re welcome to stay and join in on the event fun of serving the community.
- Stroll to the Polls!Sat, Oct 17Southeast Community CenterOct 17, 2020, 12:00 PM – 4:00 PMSoutheast Community Center, 5260 Hickory Hollow Pkwy, Antioch, TN 37013, USAReclaim Your Vote and get your homecoming fix! Join the TSU Sophisticated Ladies, Divine 9 Greeks, the Urban League of Middle Tennessee and the Equity Alliance and let's Stroll to the Polls this Saturday from 12-4pm at the Southeast Community Center in Antioch.
- Tips & Tricks on Building a Better Resume During COVID-19Thu, Oct 08Zoom
- Our Vote Matters: Connecting the Impact of the Black VoteSun, Oct 04https://www.facebook.com/nashvillenphc
- Meals and Masks: AntiochSat, Oct 03Mt. Zion Baptist Church
- Meals and Masks: Greeters/Traffic Flow VolunteersSat, Oct 03Mt. Zion Baptist ChurchOct 03, 2020, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PMMt. Zion Baptist Church, 2261 Murfreesboro Pike, Nashville, TN 37217, USAAll hands on deck to ensure that we're moving every person in their car in and out of the parking lot for Meals and Masks. Be the first person our guests sees and the one that directs them as they drive-thru this event.
- Meals & Masks: Voter Registration VolunteersSat, Oct 03Mt. Zion Baptist Church
- VOLUNTEER: MEALS AND MASKSSat, Aug 29Urban League of Middle Tennessee
- Securing That Perfect Job You WantWed, Aug 05ZoomAug 05, 2020, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PMZoomThe jobs market may have improved but there is still often tough competition for the top roles. It’s a horrible feeling to miss out on a job that you really wanted so we’ve put partnered with AllianceBernstein to help you stand out as the best candidate and secure your ideal position.
- Lunch & Learn: Tennessee Reconnect Virtual Information SessionWed, Jun 17Online Event
- ULMT Virtual Job Fair and Information SessionWed, Jun 10Virtual Event
- HOW TO MAKE SENSE OF THE COVID-19 PAYROLL PROTECTION PROGRAM & ECONOMIC INJURY DISASTER LOAN EMERGENCY ADVANCEMon, Apr 27Zoom Virtual & Audio Call
- Telephone Town Hall: COVID-19 Unemployment UpdateTue, Apr 21Conference CallApr 21, 2020, 2:30 PM – 3:30 PMConference CallJoin the Urban League of Middle Tennessee , State Rep. Harold Love, Jr. and officials from the TN Department of Labor & Workforce Development, the Department of Human Services who will discuss: Unemployment benefits, SNAP benefits and ULMT certification program.
- COVID-19 Update: Small Business EditionTue, Apr 07TELEPHONE TOWN HALL
- Legislative UpdateFri, Feb 28Nashville State Community CollegeFeb 28, 2020, 7:30 AM – 9:00 AMNashville State Community College, 120 White Bridge Rd, Nashville, TN 37209, USAULMT Legislative Update is a monthly community forum featuring elected officials centered on the issues being discussed in the Tennessee Legislature and in DavidsonCounty. Representatives are given a platform to discuss the issues in greater depth with their constituents.
- 52nd Annual Equal Opportunity Day LuncheonThu, Feb 27Hilton Nashville DowntownFeb 27, 2020, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PMHilton Nashville Downtown, 121 4th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37201, USAThe event is the premier time to reflect on and celebrate the power of diversity and inclusion in the workplace, bringing together more than 500 people to explore issues affecting African Americans and other minorities communities across Middle Tennessee.
- Tom 2020 Criminal Justice System Reform RoundtableThu, Feb 1350 Vantage Way
- Legislative UpdateFri, Jan 31Nashville State Community CollegeJan 31, 2020, 7:30 AM – 9:30 AMNashville State Community College, 120 White Bridge Rd, Nashville, TN 37209, USA - Auditorium C-210Join the Urban League of Middle Tennessee for a legislative update. Attendees will have an opportunity to hear from Tennessee General Assembly legislators and Davidson County elected officials on policies and issues impacting the residents of Davidson County. This forum is open to the public.
- Presidential Roundtable Series : U.S. CensusThu, Jan 16Urban League of Middle TennesseeJan 16, 2020, 9:00 AM – 10:30 AMUrban League of Middle Tennessee, 50 Vantage Way Suite 201, Nashville, TN 37228, USAThe presidential roundtable series is hosted by The Urban League of Middle Tennessee president, Clifton Harris.They are quarterly discussions with experts in specific fields, in each case addressing a critical issue percolating in society that requires the deliberation of the best minds on the topic
- Census 2020 Hiring EventSat, Jan 11Urban League of Middle Tennessee